When we first obtain Personal Data from you, we will give you the opportunity to tell us if you do or do not want to receive information from us about other services or vacancies. You may change your mind at any time by emailing us at the address below.
Some of the Personal Data we hold about you may be 'sensitive Personal Data' within the meaning of the GDPR, for example, information about your health or ethnic origin.
We may collect Personal Data about you from a number of sources, including the following:
- From you when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us or you wish to apply for a vacancy, in which case this may include your contact details, employment history and date of birth.
- From documents that are available to the public, such as the electoral register.
- From your passport to confirm your eligibility to work in the UK. This is a legal requirement.
What Personal Data do we collect?
MBM TRAVEL EXECUTIVES LTD collects a range of information about candidates during the recruitment process. This may include:
- name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number
- details of qualifications, skills, experience and employment history
- information about current remuneration, including benefit entitlements, P45, National Insurance number and payroll records
- bank account details
- whether a disability exists for which MBM TRAVEL EXECUTIVES LTD needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process; and
- information about entitlement to work in the UK and passport details
- next of kin and emergency contact details
Special Category Personal Data
We may collect, and process special category or more sensitive personal data only so far as is necessary to ensure we conform to legal or contractual requirements, such as equal opportunities laws or obligations imposed upon us by our clients (to enable them to comply with their own legal requirements). We must have your explicit consent to collect and store such data. Special category data is any of the following:
- information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, health, sexual orientation and political opinions;
- trade union membership; and
- information about criminal convictions and offences.
MBM TRAVEL EXECUTIVES LTD may collect your information in a variety of ways. For example, data will be contained in application forms, CVs or resumes, on-line recruitment tools, obtained from a passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews or other forms of assessment.
We may also collect Personal Data about a candidate from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers. We will seek information from third parties only once a job offer has been made and will inform the candidate that we are doing so.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on an application record, in recruitment and Human Resource (“HR”) management systems and on other Information Technology (“IT”) systems such as CRM and Job Board portals, and emails.
Why does MBM TRAVEL EXECUTIVES LTD process Personal Data?
We need to process data to take certain steps as part of the recruitment process, prior to entering a contract with you.
In some cases, we need to process data to ensure that we are complying with our legal obligations. For example, we are obliged to check all applicants’ eligibility to work in the UK before employment can start.
MBM TRAVEL EXECUTIVES LTD has a legitimate interest in Processing Personal Data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from candidates allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate's suitability for employment and decide who is the best candidate for the role.
During the candidate search process, we may also capture some sensitive Personal Data about you (e.g. disability information). We do this in order to make reasonable adjustments to enable our candidates to be able to take online/telephone assessments, to attend interviews/assessment centres, to prepare for starting their new role (if successful) and to ensure that we comply with regulatory obligations placed on us with regards to recruitment.
If your application is unsuccessful, MBM TRAVEL EXECUTIVES LTD may keep your Personal Data on file in case there are future employment opportunities for which you may be suited.
Consent to our processing of your data
We will process your personal data on the basis that you have consented to us doing so for a specific purpose, for example, if you apply for a specific role you will have consented to our processing of the data that has been provided for the purpose of progressing your application and considering your suitability for that role. In other cases you may have provided your written or verbal consent to the use of your data for a specific reason.
You may withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information for a particular purpose at any stage. However, please note that we may continue to retain, or otherwise use your personal information thereafter where we have a legitimate interest or a legal or contractual obligation to do so. Our processing in that respect will be limited to what is necessary in furtherance of those interests or obligations. Withdrawal of consent will not have any effect on the lawfulness of any processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Using Your Personal Information
Personal Data about our candidates and clients is an important part of our business and we shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than is necessary to fulfil these purposes:
- To provide you with details of vacancies.
- To help us to identify you when you contact us.
- To help us to identify services which you could have from us or selected partners from time to time.
- To allow us to contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, text or multimedia messages) about vacancies or other services offered by us and selected partners unless you have previously asked us not to do so.
- We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance and compliance.
- We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
- We may allow other people and organisations to use Personal Data we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired or are in the process of being acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us, about our candidates and clients, will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
We welcome the submission of CVs electronically, either through the Website or by email. This can be either in respect of a specific advertised job or for consideration by us for positions available from time to time. Although your CV will be stored by us electronically, it will only be used by us for the purposes of obtaining a position for you. We will submit your CV to such of our clients and other third parties as may be approved by you in advance of submission and who we reasonably believe have suitable positions available for you. If you change your mind in respect of any client or other third party that you have previously approved, it is your responsibility to inform of us immediately.
For how long does MBM TRAVEL EXECUTIVES LTD keep Personal Data?
If your application for employment is unsuccessful and if you do not withdraw your consent, MBM TRAVEL EXECUTIVES LTD will hold your data on file for 2 years following the relevant recruitment process or our last meaningful dialogue with you, for consideration in future employment opportunities. At the end of that period, or once you withdraw your consent, your data will be deleted and/or destroyed. In submitting your CV or applying for a role you will be deemed to have provided your consent for MBM Travel Executives to process your information.
You have the following rights regarding your Personal Data:
What does this mean?
1. Right to be informed
You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your Personal Data and your rights. This is why we are providing you with the information in this Privacy Notice.
2. Right of access
You have the right to obtain access to your Personal Data (if we’re processing it) and certain other information (similar to that provided in this Privacy Notice). This is so you are aware and can check that we are using your Personal Data in accordance with Data Protection laws and regulations.
3. Right to rectification
You are entitled to have your Personal Data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
4. Right to erasure
This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple
terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your
Personal Data where there is no compelling reason for us to keep it. This is not an absolute right to erasure; there may be some exceptions.
5. Right to restrict Processing
You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your Personal Data in certain circumstances. When Processing is restricted, we can still store your Personal Data, but may not use it further.
6. Right to Data Portability
You have the right to obtain and reuse your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format in certain circumstances. In addition, where certain conditions apply, you have the right to have such information transferred directly to a third party.
7. Right to object to Processing
You have the right to object to certain types of Processing in certain circumstances. In particular, the right to object to the Processing of your Personal Data based on our legitimate interests or on the grounds of public interest; the right to object to Processing for direct marketing purposes (including profiling); the right to object to the use of your Personal Data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in certain circumstances.
8. Right to withdraw consent
If you have given your consent to anything we do with your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your Personal Data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). This includes your right to withdraw consent to us using your Personal Data for direct marketing.
If you communicate with us using the Internet or by email, we may occasionally email you about our services. When you first provide us with your Personal Data, we will normally give you the opportunity to say whether you would prefer us not to contact you by email. You can also send us an email (at the address set out below) at any time if you change your mind.
Turning Off Cookies in Different Browsers
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-ons settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
The Website may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable candidate Personal Data to these advertisers or third- party websites save in respect of bona fide vacancies or potential vacancies.
We exclude all liability for loss that you may incur when using these third party websites.
- If you would like access to the Personal Data that we hold about you, you can do this by emailing us at or writing to us at MBM Travel Executives Ltd, Unit One, Canonbury Business Centre , 190a New North Road , LONDON , N1 7BJ
- We aim to keep the Personal Data we hold about you accurate and up to date. If you tell us that we are holding any inaccurate Personal Data about you, we will delete it or correct it promptly. Please email us at or write to us at MBM Travel Executives, Unit One, Canonbury Business Centre , 190a New North Road , LONDON , N1 7BJ to update your Personal Data.
- You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Data at any time. You can request that we delete your personal information by emailing us at or writing to us at MBM Travel Executives Ltd, Unit One, Canonbury Business Centre, 190a New North Road, LONDON, N1 7BJ