Financial Controller – Contract Role – (Maternity Cover)
Our client wants an experienced Financial Controller to join their team in this exciting Maternity Cover role! Bring your financial expertise to the forefront, managing and optimising their financial operations. Collaborate with a dynamic team in a renowned travel business that values your skills.
Competitive salary and hybrid working, 3 days in the office and 2 remote!
• As a Financial Controller you will be updating finance policies procedures maintained.
• Lead contact on external, internal and GFR audits.
• Key control accounts challenged and reviewed monthly across brands.
• Statutory accounts completed to timetable.
• As a Financial Controller you will provide reporting to CAA/ATOL on a monthly , quarterly, yearly basis linked to licensable and renewal requests.
• Completion of stat accounts for all UK entities.
• Alignment of accounting policies and reporting processes to ensure standardisation to Group.
• Lead standardisation of Management Accounts and Financial reporting providing recommendations and driving change with the Head of Group reporting where appropriate.
• Support direct tax and UK VAT matters and support for relationship with client’s UK Tax Manager.
• As a Financial Controller your job purpose will be to offer expertise on pertinent accounting standards and their application within the business context.
• To uphold and enhance financial control standards, ensuring the business operates in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
• To present a constructive challenge and foster a collaborative partnership with the finance management team regarding the consistency and suitability of financial controls.
• Lead contact on all financial audits ensuring the Finance team meet required deadlines.
• Rationalisation and ongoing management of financial policies and processes across the UK Group.
Must haves: skills/qualifications/experience:
• Educated to a degree level.
• ACA qualified.
• Analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure. Problem-solving and decision-making.
• Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Experience working in Travel, Retail or Leisure industry (desirable).
• Sage X3/TM1 knowledge (desirable).
• IT literate.
• Up-to-date technical skills – IRFS.
Apply now and embark on a rewarding journey to contribute to the success of a well-known player in the travel industry! Or email Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org