MBM Travel Executive Recruitment is delighted to be searching for a European Director of Sales for our well established, luxury travel client.
European Director of Sales - Key Responsibilities:
The European Director of Sales is responsible for driving sales, with particular focus in the ‘managed markets’ of France, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Spain, Portugal and the UK, for Destination Management Companies (DMCs) and Retreats.
European Director of Sales responsibilities include -
Strategy and planning:
• Gather customer and market information, ensure that regular sales performance reports are produced and keep internal relations up to date with key developments.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the markets the DMCs and Retreats operate in, as well as the company’s competitors - and lead the formulation of a successful strategy.
• Assist in the creation of sales strategies and plans for each of the managed markets, aimed at achieving the agreed regional targets.
• Maintain regular contact with the DMCs’ senior management to understand their business and explore what support would be most effective for their business.
• Monitor business performance and market developments in the unmanaged markets, regularly review opportunities for growth and develop the business where possible.
• Manage the European DOS's: Maintain and develop relationships with existing clients, increasing revenue and ensuring an effective action plan for each account is implemented.
Prospect for new clients with particular focus on volume business from tour operators, wholesalers, group operators, retail networks and luxury specialists. Secure prominent inclusion of the company’s products in the clients’ brochures, web pages, marketing campaigns and other sales and promotional channels. Negotiate and agree marketing contributions and other forms of practical or financial support and ensure activity is effective and on brand. When necessary, assist with the communication between DOS/GSA and DMC to maximise the success of the DMC business and act as the point of contact for escalation purposes for the trade clients.
- Help organise DMC sales visits to the managed markets as required.
• Organise periodic team meetings to encourage sharing of best practice and the involvement of the DOSs in the wider company objectives.
• Assist the DOSs in any other way to help maximise business success.
•Plan and manage successful sales events and representation at trade shows in Europe to fit in with the requirements of the DMCs etc, and represent the DMC network at other events as required.
Finance and organisation:
• Assist the DOSs in the European Managed Markets with the production of the annual revenue budget together with the DMCs if required.
• Prepare the annual overhead and marketing budgets in cooperation with the finance departments in the UK and US, manage the ongoing expenditure, and be cost conscious.
• Set targets for the direct reports, conduct periodic reviews, provide training and guidance, assist with any issues the direct reports may have, and manage their remuneration, creating a happy and successful team. Recruit new reports when necessary.
• Negotiate contracts with the GSA and manage the business relationship including setting targets and deciding annual performance bonuses. European Director of Sales -