Director of Customer Services – Europe
Based in Romania, TGM
A newly created opportunity has arisen to join the Global leadership team of this leading travel business. Reporting to the Global Director of Customer Services, the Director of Customer Service will be responsible for all aspects of Service delivery of three European Customer Service Centres, two of which are based in Romania and one based in Spain.
Our client requires the candidate to be based in TGM, Romania or open to relocation. The successful candidate will also be required to travel up to 50% of the time.
The role will be accountable for all customer service-related and operational issues, including but not limited to customers escalations and interactions with sales and purchasing teams. In addition, the role will be responsible for defining effective strategy and driving continuous improvements to build strong, trusted relationships with customers/internal sales and purchasing whilst achieving the department’s business goals and KPIs.
This individual will need to Deliver business results through the dynamic leadership of teams and building Customer and Supplier relationships to achieve sustained and profitable growth.
• Lead and act as a role model for all customer service staff in Europe.
• Initiate, implement and drive initiatives that will raise standards of work, establish trust and confidence in service levels to Customers and Suppliers
• Review and develop Customer Service and Operations procedure
• Ensure operational excellence, synergizing resources, skills, knowledge, and capacities to meet business requirements
• Develop and monitor benchmark standards to improve customer satisfaction and overall service levels
• Identify opportunities to improve efficiency through technology, process improvement or restructuring, etc.
• Mentor and coach direct reports
• Work closely with Sales, Contracting and Product Loading teams
• To work with the Global Director and COO in the short- and long-term planning of the group including leading and overseeing business projects
• To build, develop and maintain strategic relationships with key external stakeholders including key clients and suppliers, trade bodies, competitors, and others
• Define clear KPIs for the Customer Service and Operations team and support your teams in achieving them
• Motivate, coach, and develop teams and individuals to maximise potential
• Monitor and evaluate performance, analyse variances, perform process improvement audits, and develop and drive action plans to achieve optimal results
Director of Customer Services Key Competencies.
• Experienced working at a senior level either in a Directorship, “Head of” or senior management capacity
• Leading and managing multi-site, and end to end Customer Service organization.
• Strong experience in Customer service, operations and relationship management with sales and purchasing.
• Experience of managing cross-border, multi-lingual Customer Service centre operations in the Travel and Tourism industry
• Extensive sector-specific experience
• Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
• Solid knowledge of the latest technology solutions used in Customer Service especially on telephony and CRM / Ticketing tools. Vast knowledge on data mgt. and data driven decision management
• Excellent People Management in a multicultural environment